The Migratory Bird Fest 2023 T-Shirt Design Contest is now closed.
The winning design will be printed on a shirt of our color of our choice and be released during our Migratory Bird Fest Kickoff. Download Guidelines and Rules handbook below.
T-Shirt Design Contest Prizes
1st Place – Design will be featured on the official Migratory Bird Fest 2023 Mitchell Lake Audubon Center t-shirt, the designer receives a Migratory Bird Fest themed gift basket, a $50 gift card to Peter Piper Pizza, a Family membership to Mitchell Lake Audubon Center, and recognition on mitchelllake.audubon.org and social media.
2nd Place – $25 gift certificate to Peter Piper Pizza, a Family membership to Mitchell Lake Audubon Center, and recognition on mitchelllake.audubon.org and social media.
3rd Place – $10 gift certificate to Peter Piper Pizza, a Family membership to Mitchell Lake Audubon Center and recognition on mitchelllake.audubon.org and social media.
Design Rules and Guidelines
1. Design may not exceed 11” wide by 12” high.
2. Designs should incorporate the 2023 World Migratory Bird Day Theme: Birds and Water
3. Design will appear on the front of a solid-color shirt.
4. Design will be printed in black and white.
5. Gradients and transparencies cannot be incorporated.
6. Participants will have the opportunity to provide a description of their design if they choose.
7. Design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold original rights to everything in it, that it may be printed on distributed t-shirts, and that it does not contain any copyright material.
8. It’s recommended to render your design in Adobe Illustrator or a similar design program. Entries should include the original file, a vector-based EPS file, AND a high resolution JPEG or PDF file.
9. Individuals are limited to (1) entry.
10. Eligibility: The contest is open to anyone in grades K-5. Employees of Mitchell Lake Audubon Center and their families are not eligible.
11. Entries become the property of Mitchell Lake Audubon Center.
12. Mitchell Lake Audubon reserves the right to make adjustments to all entries, including colors of the design and the shirt.
Submission Rules and Guidelines
1. Entries must be submitted via Google Form link or in person at Mitchell Lake Audubon Center by 11:59pm on 1/12/23.
2. Include your name, email, mailing address and telephone number.
How Winners Are Selected
1. There will be two rounds of voting:
- Round 1: Mitchell Lake Audubon Center Staff will select no more than 3 finalists.
- Round 2: The finalists will be presented to the Mitchell Lake Audubon Center community via social media and the overall winner determined by a vote of the community. Mitchell Lake Audubon Center Staff will break a tie.
2. Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Concept and originality
- Captures spirit of the Mitchell Lake Audubon Center
- Embodies the 2023 World Migratory Bird Day Theme: Birds and Water
- Completeness of design and readiness for printing
- Feasibility of reproduction
- Adherence to design and submission rules and guidelines
How Winners Will Be Notified
1. Winners will be notified by email and phone call at the close of the voting period, via the information provided during entry. At the sole discretion of Mitchell Lake Audubon Center, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:
- Unable to reach winner after three (3) attempts.
- Winner's failure to provide original design files.
2. Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared a "winner" of the contest via social media, e-newsletter and on Mitchelllake.audubon.org.
1. To release the rights to your design to Mitchell Lake Audubon Center for the use of the t-shirt and other promotional items, including, but not limited to: the Mitchell Lake Audubon Center website, social media and marketing materials.
2. That Mitchell Lake Audubon Center reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning designs.
3. To abide by all contest rules, agreements, and guidelines.
2023 Deadlines and Important Dates
12/9- Contest opens
1/12 - Submission Deadline
1/12- Finalists announced and voting begins
1/17- Voting Ends at 11:59 pm
1/18-Winner will be announced on Social Media.