View our current guidelines due to the COVID-19 pandemic at THIS WEBPAGE.
Summer Seasonal Hours
- Thursday through Sunday, 7am to 1pm
- Entrance gate closes 60 minutes before close.
- Closed on major and/or Federal holidays
- Members of Mitchell Lake Audubon Center: Free
- Adults: $5
- National Audubon Society Members: $3
- Children (Ages 6-16): $3
- Children age 5 and under: free
- Discounted Admission: $3 (Military personnel, high school and college students, SAWS, SAFD, SAPD & COSA employees)
- Family groups up to 10 people: $15
Please note, no dogs allowed, except for Service Animals.
10750 Pleasanton Road
San Antonio, TX 78221
Mitchell Lake Audubon Center is located at 10750 Pleasanton Rd. in San Antonio, Texas. Take loop 410, exit 46 for Moursund Blvd and drive south (outside the loop) 0.7 mile. The gate is on the left. Click here for maps.
Where to Stay
Mitchell Lake Audubon Center has a partnership with Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Brooks Hotel & Spa. Located just 10 minutes from downtown San Antonio and 15 minutes from Mitchell Lake and the San Antonio Missions, it is an ideal location within reach of all the best sites. Your stay includes: complimentary parking, complimentary wi-fi, complimentary breakfast & evening reception, and receive HHonor Points.
Our preferred RV Resort is Yanawana Camp. Let them know you are planning to visit Mitchell Lake Audubon Center, and bond the naturalist and artist who runs the park. Click here to view the website and book.
Contact the Center
If you have questions, please contact us at 210.628.1639 or MLAC@audubon.org.
Accessibility Statement: Mitchell Lake Audubon Center welcomes everyone, no matter their physical or mental abilities. If you have a special needs person in your group or you may need special accomodations, please let us know of any accomodations needed no less than one (1) week prior to your scheduled visit.