- June 4 - August 31
- Tuesday through Thursday, 7am to noon
- Friday through Sunday, 7am to 2pm
- Entrance gate closes 30 minutes before close.
- Closed on Mondays and major and/or Federal holidays
- Members of Mitchell Lake Audubon Center: Free
- Adults: $5
- National Audubon Society Members: $3
- Children (Ages 6-16): $3
- Children age 5 and under: free
- Discounts are available for Military personnel, high school and college students, SAWS, SAPD & SA City employees, and family groups up to 10 people
10750 Pleasanton Road
San Antonio, TX 78221
Mitchell Lake Audubon Center is located at 10750 Pleasanton Rd. in San Antonio, Texas. Take loop 410, exit 46 for Moursund Blvd and drive south (outside the loop) 0.7 mile. The gate is on the left. Click here for maps.
Sorry, no dogs allowed, except for Service Animals. Or on Doggy Day (check Events page to see when one is scheduled).
Where to Stay
Mitchell Lake Audubon Center has a partnership with Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Brooks Hotel & Spa. Located just 10 minutes from downtown San Antonio and 15 minutes from Mitchell Lake and the San Antonio Missions, it is an ideal location within reach of all the best sites. Your stay includes: complimentary parking, complimentary wi-fi, complimentary breakfast & evening reception, and receive HHonor Points.
To take advantage of our special visitor rate* of $139/night, click here to book.
Our preferred RV Resort is Yanawana Camp. Let them know you are planning to visit Mitchell Lake Audubon Center, and bond the naturalist and artist who runs the park. Click here to view the website and book.