Prescribed Burn Notice
The dates below are set aside for a potenial prescribed burn on the Mitchell Lake site. The center is open with regular hours, unless indicated on the website homepage. If the weather conditions are favorable to burn, we will be CLOSED that day. After the burn takes place, all subsequent "burn days" will be released and returned to a regular schedule.
- November 19-22
- November 26-27
- December 16-20
Please call us at 210.628.1639 with any questions or concerns.
- Tuesday through Sunday, 7am to 3pm
- Entrance gate closes 30 minutes before close.
- Closed on Mondays and major and/or Federal holidays
Holiday Hours 2019
- Wednesday, November 27: Close at 1pm
- Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29: CLOSED for Thanksgiving
- Saturday, November 30: Fall Free Admission
- Monday, December 23 to Thursday, December 26: CLOSED
- Friday, December 27 to Sunday, December 29: Open 7am-3pm
- Monday, December 30 to Thursday, January 2: CLOSED
- Friday, January 3: Back to regular hours, 7am to 3pm, Tuesday to Sunday
- Members of Mitchell Lake Audubon Center: Free
- Adults: $5
- National Audubon Society Members: $3
- Children (Ages 6-16): $3
- Children age 5 and under: free
- Discounts are available for Military personnel, high school and college students, SAWS, SAPD & SA City employees, and family groups up to 10 people
10750 Pleasanton Road
San Antonio, TX 78221
Mitchell Lake Audubon Center is located at 10750 Pleasanton Rd. in San Antonio, Texas. Take loop 410, exit 46 for Moursund Blvd and drive south (outside the loop) 0.7 mile. The gate is on the left. Click here for maps.
Sorry, no dogs allowed, except for Service Animals. Or on Doggy Day (check Events page to see when one is scheduled).
Where to Stay
Mitchell Lake Audubon Center has a partnership with Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Brooks Hotel & Spa. Located just 10 minutes from downtown San Antonio and 15 minutes from Mitchell Lake and the San Antonio Missions, it is an ideal location within reach of all the best sites. Your stay includes: complimentary parking, complimentary wi-fi, complimentary breakfast & evening reception, and receive HHonor Points.
To take advantage of our special visitor rate* of $139/night, click here to book.
Our preferred RV Resort is Yanawana Camp. Let them know you are planning to visit Mitchell Lake Audubon Center, and bond the naturalist and artist who runs the park. Click here to view the website and book.